The purpose of the study is to substantiate, develop and evaluate the effectiveness of the program of medical and psychological correction of maladaptation of wives whose husbands suffer from paranoid schizophrenia (PS).
To achieve this goal, in compliance with the principles of bioethics and deontology, on the basis of KU "Vinnytsia Regional Psychoneurological Hospital. A.I. Yushchenko" surveyed 120 women whose husbands had PS and 50 women whose husbands did not have mental or behavioral disorders. The comprehensive examination included the use of clinical-psychological, psychodiagnostic and statistical research methods.
The analysis of the obtained results allowed to build a model of the psychogenesis of psychological maladaptation in wives of men with PS, according to which the primary biologically determined stress resistance provoked unjustifiably rapid depletion of communicative coping resources, which led to increased vulnerability to stress provoked by the husbands' disease, resulting in the formation of incongruent interdependent relationships, which led to the development of family maladaptation, which, in turn, caused problems of psychosocial functioning, which ultimately led to the formation of maladaptive mental states and further reduced the ability to resist stress, thus closing the vicious circle of pathological interaction.
Based on the created model, the effectiveness of the program of medical and psychological correction measures was developed and proved, the essence of which is to increase stress-protective resources and optimize stress-coping behavior as a core pathogenetic link in the development of maladaptation, which is achieved using psychoeducational, cognitive-behavioral, systemic and group personality-oriented actions, which are implemented in eight successive stages.
Full-text of the article is available for this locale: Українська.
- Yur’eva L, Shusterman T. Psychopathological features of psychical disadaptation at the relatives of the patients with primary psychotic episode. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii. 2007;15(1):93-6.
- Shamsaei F, Cheraghi F, Bashirian S. Burden on Family Caregivers Caring for Patients with Schizophrenia. Iran J Psychiatry. 2015;10(4):239-45.
- Maruta N, Kozhyna A, Korostyj V, Gajchuk L. Living with schizophrenia, What to do: a quick guide for patients with schizophrenia and their relatives. Kharkiv: Kharkiv; 2011.
- Pshuk N, Kaminska A, Stukan L. Psychoeducational module as a component of complex system of medical-psychological support for families, where a patient with endogenous mental disorder lives. Norwegian Journal of development of the International Science. 2019;34(1):15-9.
- Markova M, Dihtjar V. Features of family interaction and adaptation in the family in patients with schizophrenia, in terms of psychotherapeutic potential of the family. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii. 2010;13(3):133-4.
- Pshuk N, Markova M, Pshuk J. The dynamics of the resource of the family where the patient with paranoid schizophrenia lives. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii. 2012;20(3).
- Shkoda K. Psychological characteristics and comprehensive correction of maladjustment of wives and mothers of patients with paranoid schizophrenia with long diseases, and its efficiency. Bulletin of Scientific Research. 2016;4(85):108-13.
- Drjuchenko M. Marriage and parent-child interaction state in the family functioning structure of women having paranoid schizophrenia. Science Rise Medical Science. 2017;1(9):39-48.
- Markova M, Kosenko K. Features of family interaction in women with paranoid schizophrenia, with different models of family functioning. Arkhiv psykhiatrii. 2014;20(1).
- Iseselo M, Kajula L, Yahya-Malima K. The psychosocial problems of families caring for relatives with mental illnesses and their coping strategies: a qualitative urban based study in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. BMC Psychiatry. 2016;16:146-54.
- Gurovych Y, Shmukler A, Storozhakova J. Psyhosocyal’naja terapyja y psyhosocyal’naja reabylytacyja v psyhyatryy. Moscow: Medpraktyka-M; 2005.
- Jariy V. The grounding of general and differentiated approaches to the complex treatment-rehabilitation help to co-dependent family of men with alcoholic addiction. ScienceRise MedicalScience. 2016;9(5):87-93.
- Jariy V. Treatment and rehabilitation integrated system and its effectiveness for codependent families with alcohol addicted husbands. Science of Europe Czech Republic. 2016;1(7):93-102.
- A program of a psychotherapeutic adjustment of communicative coping resources in patient with alcohol dependence. Ukrains’kyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii. 2010;18(4):100-3.
- Markova M, Yariy V. Codependence in wives of husbands with alcohol dependence. Fundamental and Applied Researches in Practice of Leading Scientific Schools. 2018;30(6):14-22.
- Practical Psychodiagnostics, Methods and Tests. Samara: Bahrah-M; 1998.